1.07.2008

CALL Research Journal #14

I was lucky to find a essay bank while surfing the internet few days ago. I visited the web site of University of Birmingham and surprisingly discovered a section titled “Assignment Bank” with rich collection of essays and dissertations related to MA translation and education studies.
University of Birmingham - Essay & Dissertation Bank.

In the part of “Introduction to Translation Studies”, each thesis presents different strategies of conducting translation research. They analyze translations according to collocations, metaphors, idioms, cultural implications and so on. Reading these dissertations, I believe, could shed some light on how to analyze a translation from different perspectives. Also I can learn about what theories are commonly adopted respectively. I strongly recommend you to take a look at this useful webpage.

沒有留言: